Southport & Birkdale Squash Club
New Members' Guide
Click here to read the Guide for new members of the Southport & Birkdale Club.
Online Court Booking Rules
- Annual playing subscriptions are due on 1st April. The cut-off date for subscriptions is 31st May. After that date non-payers will have access to the booking system inactivated until such time as their subscription is paid.
- Members may book a court up to 7 days in advance
- When booking 7 days in advance, the courts may only be booked from 7am.
- Members are encouraged to show the opponent's name on the booking sheet.
- The court booking fee is 50p per court at all times.
- Each member has an account within this booking system.
- A member’s account must be in credit in order to book a court.
- To credit their accounts, members can purchase £5 top-up vouchers from the bar, and apply the top-up to their accounts by logging-in to this website or by using the on-site touch screen at the club
- A member is allowed to play on a court if it has not been booked, but must observe the advice on playing “on spec”
Playing "on spec"
- Players are allowed to play on a court without a booking stamp if the court has not been pre-booked. This, however, is on the strict understanding that court times as shown on the court booking screen cannot be changed. i.e. If a player books the following court after an “on spec” match has commenced” he / she is entitled to access to the court at the set time.
- On spec players are advised to avoid confrontation by booking the following court to prevent this situation arising.
- When playing a guest (non-member), members must (i) select "*** GUEST ***" as the opponent and (ii) must pay a £3 guest fee at the bar (before or after playing).
Squash Club Management Committee
- The Squash Club management committee are entitled to block book courts for team matches, team training sessions and competitions without prior notice.
- The committee reserve the right to review and amend the court booking rules as necessary.